Monday, January 23, 2006

Attacking Gender

A very well-worded essay on the subjugation of Women in the Muslim community:

http://hu-islam.blogspot.com/2006/01/attacking-gender.html

What speaks volumes more is the comment that follows:

As I adopted Islam a number of years ago, I often felt the unfairness of the attitudes toward women were not seriously looked upon by even other women. Allah created BOTH male and female, and all His creation is important, and not to be disrespected or harmed.

I have since gone back to Christian church, and feel more respected there as a woman, and find it very sad that such a wonderful truth that is taught in Islam can be so perverted by a degredation of a woman's womanness. Women are not dirty.

I found beauty in the teaching of Islam, but some of the attitudes both men and women held toward women disgusted me enough to make me turn my back on the teachings.


The men and (sadly) women of the Muslim community need to know... when we pervert our faith to the effect that others are subjugated, we do ourselves no favors...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home