Thursday, October 12, 2006

modest swimwear!

You know, one thing I have been kind of sad about since I converted to Islam was the fact that I'm not really sure how I can ever go swimming or go to a water slide or anything like that, due to swimsuits being a *tad* too revealing for my taste. I'm not terribly modest compared to many Muslims (I won't name any names, HijabiApprentice), but that's way too much nekkid-ness for me!

Good news! Today, I found out about a WONDERFUL website that has (relatively) modest swimsuits! They will definitely not suit more conservative Muslims, but it would totally work for me! Check out the capri pants in particular: Ohana Swimwear

This will also be useful for when I have kids. I could never look my daughter in the eye and tell her "You can't go swimming, because you're a GIRL! .....but your brother can go."

5 Comments:

Blogger Hijabi Apprentice said...

Asalaamu Alaikum Purv!

Hey you aren't supposed to let everyone know I wear 1,000 hijab and abaya! shhhhh

love,

ha

2:48 PM  
Blogger purvis said...

Hey, that's handy when I need to borrow one.

2:59 PM  
Blogger purvis said...

Thanks doefoe! These swimsuits are even more modest!

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you seen www.mycozzie.com

My daughter and I have matching suits.. Really lovely!

5:09 AM  
Blogger Posmena Sales said...

Salaam Aleykumn Purvis!
Here is another site to look at for Hijab Modest Swimwear
- modestswimsuits.co.uk



Let me know if you need help choosing the size / colour - Here to help!
Enjoy, wa-salaams :D

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home