Monday, April 02, 2007

Get a boob job for Islam

The other day (don't ask me why), I decided to peruse various online "Islam Q&A" columns, which are usually titled "Ask the Imam" or something like that. Most of them are pretty terrible, written by self-styled "Sheikhs" giving crazy fatwas about everything under the sun.

Ok.............. I just remembered why I was searching for these websites.

When I was a new Muslim, I remember reading one particularly crazy site, in which a woman said that she was a new Muslim, married to a born Muslim. She lived with his family and wore a burqa. She said that, although her brother-in-law lived in the same house, she has never met him. This is how strict the separation was for this family that she married into! The "Imam" told her that this was appropriate, and that she should continue to not ever see, be seen by, or communicate with her brother-in-law who lives in the same house.

This same Imam was asked a question by another woman. She said her husband wanted her to get a boob job. And the Imam's response was: "HELL, YEAH!"

Ok, those weren't his exact words, but basically he said yes she should do it, particularly out of obedience to her husband.

Let's pray the husband never asks her to jump off a mountain.

I was searching for this particular column so I could make fun of it on my blog, but I couldn't find the link. So I made fun of it from memory.

What I DID find, however, was this. I'm not even going to read it to you.

*sigh* Crazy internet Sheikhs.

5 Comments:

Blogger jilbabble said...

hee hee.. i think i read that same q&a you are talking about. sounds very familiar..... if i find it i'll send you the link..

9:45 PM  
Blogger Safiya Outlines said...

Everything is permissable if it makes your husband happy! That's the message of these websites.

That fatwa you posted.......... does the "sheikh" not relise what his words could lead to?

7:49 PM  
Blogger purvis said...

Yeah, I wonder what he would advise if her husband had wanted a threesome? ;)

10:14 PM  
Blogger sheryza said...

LOL...oh you are too funny. I have had my fair share of reading stuff like that. Really in that wonderfully retarded fatwa, first he tells the people to kill a wrongdoer then to advise???? uhhh correct me if i am wrong but shouldn't it be the other way round?

beliver me girl that threesome question has been asked by people and belive it or not it was said to be allowed...of course it was approved by deviant sheikhs but people will find a fatwa when it agrees with their desires.

10:16 AM  
Blogger purvis said...

What?! So... if I want to have a threesome, all I need to do is find a Sheikh to endorse it? Dude! Why didn't you tell me this before??

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home