Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ramadan... Again?!

Bah. I'm so bad at fasting.

I mean, when I'm into it, it's very spiritually fulfilling, but when I'm not.. it's pure HELL. And I'm usually not. Into it, I mean.

It has occurred to me that if I'm going to survive this upcoming Ramadan that I'm going to have to (at least temporarily) curb a few destructive habits.

I spend too much time on the internet. I'm doing it right now, in fact.

I'm going to have to shut down my facebook and twitter accounts, at least for the month. And... embarrasingly, I've found myself reading a lot of Star Trek fan fiction lately. I'm going to have to stop that too.

And possibly listening to music. I stay up late at night listening to Mr. Purvis' ipod way too much.

These modes of "checking out" of reality need to go. I hope I can manage it.. Please make dua for me!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The month goes by so fast. What's hard for me is not drinking. I normally don't eat any huge meals for lunch anyway...
I need to sleep earlier too and not be up late blogging. ;)

1:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant not drinking things such as soda or coffee or water. Not alcohol. heheheh :D

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home