Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Microwave panini sandwiches? Blechh!

..NOT!!

Today I tried one of the Lean Cuisine Microwave Panini sandwiches. I had my doubts at first, not the least of which was about the bread actually remaining crispy and toasted after cooking--how I HATE wet bread!

I took the open-faced sandwich out of the box and followed the directions, carefully removing the plastic wrap and placing the sandwich--and its special "grilling" tray--on top of the Lean Cuisine box.

I microwaved it for 3 minutes and put the two (HOT) halves together, and the bread was still quite crispy! The cheese melted between the slices of bread in a yummy but non-messy way.

...and the sandwich was actually good!

I'm still shocked that something like this would be good, coming out of a microwave. And it's only 5 weight watchers points.

Ok, now I'm reading this and realizing that I sound like a Lean Cuisine commercial. I don't work for them, I swear! I just like good, light food. Not unlike that chick from hungry girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home